The Corporate Purchasing Card (PCard) provides a convenient, cost-effective and efficient method of procuring and paying for lower dollar (under $5,000) goods and services by: simplifying the procurement process, improving order cycle time, reducing paperwork, expediting supplier payments and empowering and enabling employees.
University units may use the PCard for the purchase and payment of goods and services where it is efficient, economical and operationally feasible to do so, in accordance with the requirements specified in the Corporate Purchasing Card procedure.
Cardholders must be a permanent University employee of full time, part time, or recurring term of regular or trust employment. Complete the Corporate Purchasing (PCard) Application Form. Once the form is complete and has been signed by the applicant and their direct supervisor, forward to the ALES Corporate Card Administrator for processing.
The billing cycle is the 16th of each month. ALES Finance Administrators will forward the statements to the cardholder following this date. Cardholders are given a deadline to review and complete the monthly reconciliation which includes;
- Review billing statements.
- Identify on the statement, the speed code that each charge should be posted to.
- Attach all detailed receipts (Credit card chits alone are not acceptable).
- Return the statement and receipts to the ALES Finance Administrator on or before the cut-off
Contact BMO Mastercard
Cardholders should contact BMO directly if there is an issue.
1-855-825-9232 or 1-800-844-6445 in CA & USA, outside: 514-881-3808
- For Lost Receipts – The cardholder is required to obtain a copy directly from the supplier. Inclusion of receipts is mandatory. “No receipt” is not accepted.
- For Disputed Items - Attempts to resolve the disputed item should be made directly with the vendor. Contact the PCard Administrator in Supply Management Services within sixty (60) days of the transaction date if unresolved with the vendor.
- For Returns / Credits - Purchases that are returned or damaged shall be replaced or refunded directly back to the PCard. Cardholders are responsible for ensuring that replacement or credit is received. Contact the PCard Administrator in Supply Management Services within sixty (60) days of the transaction date if unresolved with the vendor.
- For Lost or Stolen Cards – Cards must be stored in a safe place. If a card is lost or stolen, the Cardholder must contact the Bank customer service immediately as well as notify the PCard Administrator. The department could be liable for any unauthorized use of the card until notification of loss, theft or cancellation has been reported to the Bank by the Cardholder.