ALES – Travel and Expense Information

Prior to booking for travel refer to SMS – Travel Management using your CCID to log in, you can use the resources available to assist with booking airfare (TAP), hotels (HAP), conference registration, ground transportation and much more.

Travel activities are highly regulated by the University and in the case of research funding, by donor/sponsor restrictions. Donor/sponsor restrictions may differ from those of the University and determine the expense qualifications or criteria. In those cases where donor/sponsor restrictions do not address a particular situation, University policy and procedures will apply.

Please refer to the University of Alberta’s policies and procedures (UAPPOL) on Travel Processes and Expense Procedures and Expense Reimbursement Procedures for more detailed information.

Specific information about allowable expenses can also be found on Appendix A: Schedule of Allowable Travel Expenses.

Travel Expense Instructions and Forms

Information and resources on expense entry in PeopleSoft and forms for non-employee expense claims can be found below.