Researchers receive start-up funds from the department and faculty to purchase research equipment and supplies, for salaries for students and/or technical assistants, and for travel and conference registration.
Fund Allocation and Renewal
• Amounts for start-up accounts will be determined by the Dean and the Chair of the Department in which the new hire will reside
• The initial account will be set up for a five year term from position start date
• An amendment form will need to be completed for the extension
• Unspent funds after a renewal will revert back to the faculty
• All start-up funds must be spent within 10 years (a maximum of two 5 year terms), no other extensions will be permitted