ALES Respectful Workplace Policy
The Faculty of ALES is committed to providing a safe and respectful work environment for its employees. Respectful workplaces are a key driver of organizational success. The Faculty recognizes that our employees are our greatest assets and fostering a culture of respect yields a motivated and productive workforce.
The ALES Operations Manual catalogues the HR processes and procedures by which the ALES Human Resources deliver’s its service. Please note that all internal processes contained in this manual are based off of University of Alberta Central Human Resources processes and procedures.
Online Time Entry – Resources
Information and Resources on Online Time Entry for Salaried and Hourly staff can be found below:
Online Tutorials and information on Online Time Entry can be found on the following link,
Employee Time Entry
- All staff are required to submit their leave reports online for approval within the pay period the leave was incurred.
- Leaves include vacation, casual illness, general illness, and compassionate care leave.
- If an employee is absent from work due to general illness (more than 3 days), supervisors will need to submit leave reports as per the payroll deadlines.
- Hourly employees must enter their hours worked on a weekly basis.
- Salaried employees must enter their leave reports in the pay period the leave was taken.